Installing Kodi on a Smart TV is a good way to get the most out of your screen. Kodi is an open source media player that allows you to stream all kinds of content, including movies and TV shows, in this article we will explain everything you need to know in order to install Kodi on your Smart Tv.
Will my Smart tv run Kodi?
The answer to this question depends on your Smart TV and the model of Kodi you use, if you have a Smart TV that supports Google Cast, or Apple Tv, then yes, your Smart TV will be able to run Kodi. But if you don’t have a compatible device, then no, your Smart TV will not be able to run Kodi without some additional equipment.
Step-by-step guide on how to install Kodi on any device
The process to install Kodi may vary depending on the model of Smart Tv on which you want to run it, in this guide we will explain step by step how to install Kodi on different devices:
LG Smart Tv (Web OS) let’s be clear: there is no way to run Kodi on web OS. For this to be possible, Kodi developers would need to create a separate version of Kodi just for Web OS. There are many reasons why that won’t happen, as explained below:For LG WebOS TVs, we recommend these IPTV APPS for WebOS.
- First, it would take a lot of time and effort to develop a Web OS-only version of Kodi.
- Second, there are already so many different versions of Kodi created by third-party developers that there is no reason to create an additional one.
- Third, the Kodi developers have already said that they will not create new versions of the software until they finish updating all existing versions (and they have not yet done so).
- Fourth, the Web OS platform is not very popular compared to other platforms such as Android TV or Apple TV; therefore, it wouldn’t make sense for them to invest time in developing something that only a few people would use anyway.
Samsung Smart TVs (Tizen/Android TV)
If you have a Samsung Smart TV, you can install Kodi using the Tizen or Android TV app store.
- First, open your Smart Hub app and navigate to “Apps” in the top menu bar. From there, choose “Smart Apps” and then “Get More Apps”.
- Now, in the search bar at the top of the screen type “Tizen Store” or “Android TV Store,” depending on which one your device uses.
- From here, click on either one and select “Search”, then type “Kodi”. Finally, click on the Kodi icon to start downloading it, once the download is complete the device will automatically start the installation.
If you’re using a Samsung TV with Tizen technology, you’re out of luck. There is no native version of Kodi available.
If you want to install Kodi on your Samsung TV, you will need to use an emulator, an emulator is a piece of software that allows you to run applications that were not designed for your operating system. This means that you can use an emulator to install Kodi on your Samsung TV and run it without any problems.
There are several emulators available for Android operating systems, but only one supports Kodi installation on your Samsung TV: The PPSSPP emulator from the Google Play Store (formerly known as PSP Emulator). This emulator works perfectly on most devices and allows users to play games such as Final Fantasy VII and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, among others.
If you have a Samsung TV with Android TV, you’re in luck! Kodi is available on the play Store, from where you can download and install it.
- Step 1: Make sure your TV is connected to the Internet and that you have a strong Wi-Fi signal. You will also need a USB stick or external hard drive to store the files.
- Step 2: On your remote control, scroll down until you find the “Google Play Store” option and press Enter. The app will open in the center of the screen; if it doesn’t, scroll back a few steps until it does.
- Step 3: Select “Apps” from the main menu on the left side of your screen and then select “Play Store”. This will open another window that displays all the apps currently installed on your device, as well as any new ones that have been recently downloaded or updated since the last time they were opened.
- Step 4: Scroll down until you see “Kodi.” Select this app by clicking on it once and then click “Download”. The app will start downloading immediately.
- Once the file is completely downloaded, click “Install” and then click “OK” when prompted by the Android TV Play Store permissions request window (if it doesn’t appear automatically). You may see an alert that an update is available for Kodi; if this happens, simply click “Update” instead of installing the app itself now (you can always do this later).
Sony Smart TVs (Android Tv)
- make sure you have an internet connection, this is important because Kodi requires an active internet connection to work properly.
- Next, download Kodi on your device, for which you can go here or search for “Kodi” in the app store of your choice.
- Once downloaded and installed, open it and tap “Get More” in the bottom right corner of the screen (if you’re on Android) or tap the gray box icon on iOS devices like iPhone or iPad). This will open a list of different add-ons for Kodi, there are a lot here, but don’t worry about them yet. Just tap “My Add-ons”, which is what we’ll use next.
- Hit “Add-on Browser” and select “Install from Zip file” from the pop-up menu that appears next (don’t select any other options at this point). Now browse your internal storage directory until you find an APK file (it should be named something like “kodi-18).
Can’t install Kodi on your Smart Tv? Try these alternative solutions!
Amazon Fire Tv: affordable Kodi streaming for any Smart Tv
The Amazon Fire TV is the perfect solution for people who want to stream Kodi on their Smart Tv but don’t want to go with Android or an older model. This device supports 4K streaming and comes with a remote control and voice search functionality.
You’ll have access to lots of free content through their Prime Video service, as well as paid content from the Amazon store. Plus, it comes with built-in Alexa, so you can ask her questions and control your device hands-free!
Run Kodi on Raspberry Pi-Cheap and customizable
The Raspberry Pi is a tiny computer that can be used as an alternative to a traditional desktop PC or laptop. It’s perfect for those who want something that can be set up easily and works quickly, as it will allow you to use your existing TV screen instead of having to buy additional hardware such as Kodi boxes or streaming sticks.
Kodi on Apple TV: all your media everywhere
If you’re a Kodi user and an Apple fan, you probably already know that Kodi is not officially available on Apple TV. But don’t worry: there are still plenty of ways to get Kodi on your Apple TV!
There are multiple ways you can get Kodi on your Apple TV: One of these methods involves using AirPlay which allows you to stream content from your iOS device or Mac computer directly on your TV screen. Another option is to use AirParrot, which allows you to mirror what’s on your Mac or Windows PC to your Apple TV. However, if none of these options work for you, there’s always another way.
Kodi-Plex and Sling Tv Alternatives
Kodi-Plex: This solution is perfect if you want to watch movies and TV shows on your Smart TV, but don’t need all the bells and whistles that come with Kodi. It’s a simple solution that will allow you to stream content from many different sources without much hassle.
Sling Tv: Sling TV is an online streaming service that allows users to watch live TV through their computer or mobile device. The service offers live programming from channels such as FOX News, CNN, ESPN, AMC (American Movie Classics), TNT (Turner Network Television), A&E (Arts & Entertainment), TBS (Turning Blue Satellite), HGTV (Home & Garden Television), Food Network, Disney Channel among others.
Hello and welcome to Todofirmware.info my name is Antonio Fuentes and I am the owner and author of all the content on this website, my team and I have developed updates for the most popular (and best selling) models of satellite decoders.